As the days grow shorter and the year winds down, I find myself looking forward to 2014 and all the exciting things in store for AmaWaterways – like the debut of our exciting new program on the Ayeyarwady River in Myanmar (Burma)!
Myanmar is such a mysterious and fascinating country, with its ancient culture and spectacular sacred structures covered with gold and precious gems. It is one of the most unique and spiritual places I’ve ever visited and I’m thrilled to have an opportunity to offer it to our guests. Myanmar has been shut off from the rest of the world for nearly half a century so it remains quite unspoiled by tourism and development.
Starting in November 2014 we will offer two itineraries, a 10-night Golden Treasures of Myanmar cruise and 14-night Hidden Wonders of Myanmar cruise. Both voyages feature all the ‘must see’ sights:
- Bagan – A cultural treasure trove of more than 2,200 temples, stupas and pagodas
- Mandalay – The country’s last royal capital and second largest city
- Mount Popa – Legendary home of spirit gods worshipped by Burmese Buddhists
- Ancient Royal Cities – Inwa (Ava), Amarapura, Sagaing and Mingun
- Yangon (Rangoon) – The Garden City of the East, known for its colonial charm
Our guests will see it all aboard one of our newest ships, the 56-passenger all-suite AmaPura. All 28 spacious suites come with a balcony (a French Balcony, step-out Full Balcony, or Twin Balconies), the better to enjoy the incredible views!
Stay a little longer with an optional 4-night post-cruise land extension, featuring three nights in Inle Lake and one night in Yangon. An optional pre- or post-cruise extension in Bangkok is also available. Click here
for more information or to request our beautiful new brochure, “River Cruises through Myanmar (Burma) 2014-2016