Essential Duties And Responsibilities: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Generates sales from retail agencies, travel advisors, wholesalers, and others, generating both FIT, Group, Part Charter, and Charter business in the assigned territory.
- Develops strong relationships with travel agencies throughout the assigned region.
- Develops new business opportunities, maintains, and enhances relationships with all new and existing customers assigned.
- Achieves established revenue goals within budget.
- Oversees all sales of company products through face-to-face contact, mailings, telemarketing projects, group training seminars, product presentations and trade shows focused on current and prospective travel agents, consortia, and group contracts, and tour organizers.
- Delivers timely customer service to all product inquiries, collateral, and co-op requests.
- Initiates activities to motivate travel agents to sell AmaWaterways products.
- Gives, receives, and analyzes information, formulates work plans, and prepares written materials, and articulates goals, and action plans.
- Exhibits strong negotiation skills.
- Counsels and sells all appropriate company programs, products, and services to assigned customer base.
- Communicates with management as required or needed.
- Strives to attain all goals and objectives as outlined by Director.
- Maintains a regular call schedule, with daily customer contact, and manages the territory assigned to enhance sales and profitability of the company.
- Markets new programs, and instructs customers on industry or company changes, as well as training of new products.
- Provides management with field knowledge and examples of competitive programs, services, sales techniques, and products to enhance our company offerings.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Accountability: Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decisionmaking process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Business Related Contacts:
- Internal departments
- Retail agencies, travel advisors, wholesalers
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience: Fifth year college or university program certificate, or two to four years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportion to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and be proficient in: Contact Management Systems, Database Software, Internet Software, Spreadsheet Software, Word Processing Software, Electronic Mail Software, Presentation Software, Reservation Software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid driver license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
Other Skills, Abilities, Qualifications:
- Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal communication, and computer skills.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remains calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented and works effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognizes problems, identifies possible causes and resolves routine problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients, and customers.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and evenings to cover trade events and sales presentations.
- Excellent presentation skills and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to forecast sales.
- Must understand and follow implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of personalities, is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
- Must be able to handle conflict and represent company in a professional manner.
- May require some travel on an as needed basis.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must continually lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.