- Department: Operations
- Reports to: Vice President, Operations
- Location: Head Office (Calabasas, CA, USA)
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating and overseeing the successful operation of one or more ships through the flow of information to Hotels, Ground Suppliers, and European Staff and internally with group and sales agents by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work to a set Calendar of tasks for day to day operations.
- Maintains hotel blocks, releases and requests space, including extra nights and upgrades.
- Run reports.
- Creates accurate manifests to convey appropriate cruise information and sends to necessary suppliers, utilizing the reservation system.
- Confirms services with ground suppliers through monthly updating of passenger numbers.
- Maintains costing sheets per departure for costing control.
- Generates, compiles, packages and sends customer final documents.
- Works with the Group Department to ensure all groups run smoothly.
- Coordinates any requests for custom services, in a timely manner and quote pricing to the end-user.
- Answers operations questions from Group and FIT Departments.
- Works with the Air Department to ensure air tickets are issued in time and accurately.
- Negotiates with suppliers for contracted and custom services.
- Quality control through the accurate reporting of data to suppliers – either confirming services and passenger numbers or through accurate information on manifests and emails.
- Control costs through managing confirmed services.
Other skills, abilities, qualifications, and minimum requirements:
- Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients, and customers.
- Operations (cruise) experience required.
- Knowledge of geography is helpful.
- At least one (1) year of experience required.
- Ability to analyze the risk, benefit, and impact of decisions on the present and future business environment prior to taking action.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Advanced spreadsheet and computer skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external senior level executives.
- Demonstrable competence in team building, development of objectives and goals, and goal accomplishment.
- Exceptionally strong leadership and management capabilities.
To apply please click this link https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-TH81E7IMI
, you will be asked to provide your name and contact email address and to upload your resume. As part of the application process you will also have to complete two online tests, a Cognitive Aptitude Test and an Employee Personality Profile.