- (May. 10, 2020) -
Leading River Cruise Line to Debut New Ships and Five New Itineraries for 2021/2022 Season
CALABASAS, CA – (May 11, 2020) – Award-winning luxury river cruise company AmaWaterways today announced the majority of its 2022 deployment is now open for group and individual bookings - a full six months ahead of previous season openings. All itineraries in France, Portugal, Holland and those traveling the Rhine and Moselle rivers are open for reservations, with added rewards for guests who book early. By May 20, the remaining 2022 river cruise voyages with pre- and post-cruise land extensions will also be available. While the company would typically open 2022 bookings much later in the year, increased demand for 2022 sailings led to early release of the deployment.
“We are excited to open our 2022 bookings six months earlier than originally anticipated, given the heightened demand from individuals and special interest groups for sailings in 2021 and beyond,” said Rudi Schreiner, president and co-founder of AmaWaterways. “We’ve seen a strong showing for our new offerings, especially with new ships AmaSiena and AmaLucia joining the fleet, and AmaDahlia launching on the Nile in Egypt in September 2021. As pent up demand has already started to surface, I anticipate 2022 will emerge as a very strong travel season and look forward to welcoming our guests onboard.”
For all 2021 Europe, Asia and Egypt cruises, guests booking by June 30, 2020, will receive 5 percent cruise savings on balcony staterooms and suites plus up to $1,500 savings per stateroom on select departures. Additionally, guests will have until September 20, 2020 to receive 5 percent Early Booking Reward for all 2022 departures*.
In addition to the early opening of 2022 bookings, AmaWaterways today also cited increased interest around its new offerings for 2021. Continuing its tradition of innovation and excellence in river cruising, the line’s 2021/2022 seasons will feature five exciting new itineraries and new pre- and post-cruise land programs in some of Europe’s most sought-after destinations, including Lake Como, Italy and the French islet of St. Malo.
- Impressions of the Seine & Paris sailing onboard AmaDante from Paris to Le Havre (or reverse) will take guests through the best of Northern France, including idyllic towns, beautiful gardens and Normandy’s historic hubs. Highlight pre- or post-cruise: three nights in St. Malo with a visit to the magical island monastery of Mont St. Michel.
- Essence of Burgundy & Provence sailing onboard AmaCello from Chalon-sur-Saône to Arles (or reverse) will awaken guests’ senses with visits to romantic cities and artistic epicenters, along with experiences such as learning to cook French fare at a culinary school in Valence. Highlight: scenic cruising and world-renowned wine tasting.
- Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps sailing onboard AmaMora and AmaSerena from Amsterdam to Basel (or reverse) will enchant guests with vineyard-clad hills, charming villages and castles strung like pearls along the banks of the Rhine river. Highlight pre- or post-cruise: three nights in Lake Como, Italy.
- Best of Holland & Belgium sailing round trip from Amsterdam onboard AmaSerena on five exclusive departures from May to October. Highlight: Belgium’s special gems, Ghent and Bruges.
- Secrets of Egypt & The Nile sailing onboard the new AmaDahlia, this unparalleled 11-night immersive journey tempts guests with a fascinating journey to ancient civilization. This unforgettable itinerary includes four nights in Cairo, seven nights cruising between Luxor to Aswan and offers a host of exclusive experiences, such as a private tour of the tomb of Queen Nefertari and a private lunch at Abdeen Presidential Palace. Highlight post-cruise: extensions to Jordan, Israel and Dubai.
“Our intimate river cruise ships and wonderful crew will be waiting to share these beautiful new experiences with our guests,” said Kristin Karst, executive vice president and co-founder of AmaWaterways. “As Godmother of AmaKristina, I am personally thrilled to see her moving over to the Rhône in 2021 on a wonderful cruise between Lyon and Avignon. She will be joining AmaCello, who will take on a new itinerary exploring Burgundy and Provence. There is so much to look forward to, and I’m eager to welcome new and returning guests onboard to create special memories with AmaWaterways!”
*Other terms and conditions apply. Please see website for details.
To book an AmaWaterways river cruise, contact your preferred Travel Advisor, call 1.800.626.0126 or visit AmaWaterways.com. Follow AmaWaterways on Facebook at Facebook.com/AmaWaterways, Instagram @AmaWaterways and Twitter @AmaWaterways.
A family-owned company celebrating 18 years on the river, AmaWaterways offers unforgettable river cruises with 25 ships sailing Europe’s Danube, Rhine, Moselle, Main, Rhône, Seine, Garonne, Dordogne, Dutch and Belgian Waterways and Douro Rivers, Southeast Asia’s Mekong, Africa’s Chobe River and Egypt’s Nile River (2021). Led by experienced river cruise co-founders Rudi Schreiner and Kristin Karst, the company is renowned for its innovative stateroom design featuring unique “twin balconies;” its wellness activities including a wide choice of included shore excursions featuring biking and hiking options for the active traveler; and its award-winning dining—including The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant as well as complimentary fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner. Modern, spacious and tastefully decorated, each ship features onboard amenities such as hair and massage salons and a fitness room, and many have heated outdoor swimming pools with swim-up bars. AmaWaterways leads the river cruise industry in innovation highlighted with the launch of AmaMagna, which at twice the width of traditional river ships, offers a new dimension in luxury river cruising. The company also offers a variety of themed sailings and brand relationships, with sailings geared towards active travelers and families as well as group and charter options.
With the highest-rated ships in Europe according to the third edition of Berlitz: River Cruising in Europe & the USA, AmaWaterways has received countless honors and accolades including Cruise Critic’s 2019 Editor’s Pick Award for “Best River Cruise Line” and “Best for Active Cruisers,” 2018 AFAR Reader’s Choice Award for “Best River Cruise Line” and inclusion of AmaMagna in 2019 TIME “World’s Greatest Places.”
# # #
Samantha Jacobs or Carter Long, Hemsworth Communications
(678) 631-9974 or AmaPR@HemsworthCommunications.com