AMAWATERWAYS MEKONG CONTEST
BECOME AN AMAWATERWAYS SPECIALIST
and you could win a December 2012 Mekong River Cruise
AmaWaterways celebrated its 10-year anniversary this year by giving away an unprecedented number of cruises to our travel agent partners… and now we're giving away one more!
Travel Agent University and Luxury Travel University have teamed up to create a free online course for aspiring AmaWaterways River Cruise Specialists. Take the course anytime between November 1-15, 2012 to be entered in a drawing for an unforgettable 7-night voyage through Vietnam and Cambodia - one of our most popular cruises!
Boost your sales, expand your prospects, and provide your clients with more in-depth expertise. It's online, it's quick and easy, and it's free! Visit TAU or LTU to become an AmaWaterways River Cruise Specialist today!
AmaWaterways Mekong Contest
- How to Participate
- 1.1 General: The AmaWaterways Mekong Contest (the "Contest"), invites entrants (each an "Entrant", collectively, "Entrants," in this case refers to "Travel Agents") must read and agree to the following Official Sweepstakes rules ("Rules"). Participation in the Contest constitutes an Entrant's full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of the Rules. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified Entries received.
- 1.2 Sponsor and Administrator: The sponsor of this Contest is AmaWaterways (the "Contest Sponsor"). The Contest will be administered by Blaze (also referred to as the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of these Rules) on behalf of AmaWaterways.
- 1.3 Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal "TRAVEL AGENTS" of the United States and the District of Columbia and Canada who are 18 years of age or older as of November 1, 2012 (PST)-12:01:00 am (EDT). Void in New York, Florida, New Jersey, Virginia, Puerto Rico, Quebec and where prohibited by law. Employees, directors, officers and retirees of the Contest Sponsor, and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and respective household members are not eligible to enter. Employees, directors, officers and retirees and their immediate families of affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies of the Contest Sponsor are not eligible to enter.
- 1.4 Contest Overview: The AmaWaterways Mekong contest invites certified "TRAVEL AGENTS" to enter the contest by registering and passing exam for Travel Agent University (TAU) and Luxury Travel University (LTU) AmaWaterways Specialist Course from November 1-15, 2012 to be eligible. One winner will be picked and notified a week prior to the announcement. Not eligible to any employees of AmaWaterways. "Travel Agents" only; verification will apply. No cash value and cannot be transferrable. If winners cannot be reached within 48 hours, their prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen at random. The winner can bring one traveling companion to share the same cabin. Upgrades available upon request based on cruise line discretion at brochure rate. Prize does not include airfare, transfers, port charges or land excursion costs. AmaWaterways reserves the full right to use the Winner's name, photo, travel agency name in any advertising. Prize: 7-night cruise only - one stateroom, Cat. C, aboard the AmaLotus, December 17, 2012. Once booked, no changes will be allowed. Cancellations will not be refunded or honored at a later date. No triples available. Winner must be one of the guests in the cabin. Cabins cannot be changed or transferred once booked. Need picture ID and information to be eligible to receive prize. Winner must also have a passport that is valid for at least six months after the scheduled return date to the USA. A visa is required for a US citizen to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia. A non-US citizen must consult appropriate consulates regarding visa and other document requirements. Upon the discretion of the contest sponsor and administrator only, any contest rules can be changed or omitted at any time without notification.
1.4.1 Entry Period: November 1, 2012, 12:01:00 am (EDT)-November 15, 2012, 11:59:59 (EDT). To enter, Entrants (Travel Agents) must register and pass exam for TAU/LTU AmaWaterways Specialist Course from November 1-15, 2012 to be eligible. Entrants (Travel Agents) must acknowledge that they have read and agreed to the Rules at the time of booking. Entries that do not adhere to these Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor or Administrator. Each Entry will be reviewed and deemed eligible/ineligible by the Contest Sponsor or Administrator in accordance with these Rules. Subsequent entries submitted by an Entrant are void. The Contest Sponsors or Administrators decisions are final on all matters relating to this contest.
One eligible entrant will be chosen to receive 7-night cruise only- one stateroom, Cat. C, aboard the AmaLotus, December 17, 2012 departure. Winner will be selected via drawing. If a Canadian winner is chosen they will be required to take a skills test before the prize is awarded to them. If the winner cannot be reached within 48 hours or does not respond to the skills test, their prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen at random adhering to these same rules until a qualified winner is selected and bound by these rules as the winner. The Contest Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner and their Entries other than that outlined in these Rules. All costs not specifically outlined in these Rules and related to the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- 3.1 Participation: All Entrants and selected Prize winners agree a) to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Sponsor; and b) to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability for claims/damages, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury (including death) or property damage, with respect to or arising from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Prize or participation in the Contest, or for claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or intrusion of privacy.
3.2 Information: Information collected from Entrants by the Contest Sponsor will only be used by the Contest Sponsor or its affiliates to administer the Contest and for internal analysis of participant demographics. Neither the Contest Sponsor nor its affiliates will share this information with any third parties, except as necessary for the administration of the Contest. The Contest Sponsor will not attempt to contact the Entrant for any other purpose than to administer the Contest unless they have opted-in to receive relevant product-related email communications from the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor respects the privacy of everyone who visits the Contest.
3.3 Legal jurisdiction: The Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws doctrine, and applicable federal laws of the United States of America. By entering the Contest, the Entrant agrees that the courts of their legal residence shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on any provisions of these Rules or the running of the Contest.
3.4 Miscellaneous: The Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest. The Contest Sponsor accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or acceptance of a prize. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, falsified, tampered with, altered or destroyed entries and all such entries are void. In the event it is determined that an Entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the Entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the Entrant will be disqualified. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, human or other error in the printing of Contest and/or collateral advertising materials, administration of the Contest, processing of the entries or in the announcement of the prizes or in any other materials or information associated with the Sweepstakes. The Contest Sponsor will not be liable, and does not assume any responsibility, for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by The Contest Sponsor on account of technical problems, or on account of traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof.
3.5 The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice.
3.6 SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Contest Sponsor is AmaWaterways, 21625 Prairie St, Chatsworth, CA 91311. The Administrator is Blaze (also referred to as the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of these Rules) on behalf of AmaWaterways.
- 3.1.1 Grant of License: All Entrants acknowledge and agree that by entering the Contest, information is submitted on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis and may be used by the Contest Sponsor, its affiliates and agents), including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, and promotional purposes. Entrants further grant the above mentioned groups a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, which the Entrant has contributed to in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation to the internet), without any compensation. Further, by entering the Contest, Entrant grants Licensees the additional license to modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute the Entry or incorporate the Entry into any form, medium or technology, including the right, at each Licensee's sole discretion, to publish the Entry and to use the Entry for any advertising, promotional and/or recruiting purposes. Licensees shall not be required to designate entrants as the creators or authors of Entries that are distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees, or include any references to entrants on, or in connection with, any Entries that are distributed or otherwise exploited by the Licensees.