AMAWATERWAYS TO SHOWCASE LATEST INNOVATIONS AT 2012 WORLD TRAVEL MARKET
Top River Cruise Line Offers New Ships, Itineraries, Theme Cruises & Shore Excursions
CHATSWORTH, CA - (Oct. 25, 2012) -
Award-winning river cruise line AmaWaterways will make its tenth appearance this November 5-8 at the World Travel Market (WTM) in London, the leading global event for the travel industry. The 4-day event will feature a range of destinations and travel partners and serve as an ideal forum for AmaWaterways to showcase its lineup of river cruises in Europe, Russia, Vietnam and Cambodia and Africa.
“We are absolutely thrilled to attend the World Travel Market for the tenth year in a row. It is truly an honor to showcase AmaWaterways at such a highly respectable event that is known throughout the world,” said AmaWaterways Executive Vice President and Co-Owner, Kristin Karst. “As we celebrate our tenth anniversary, we are looking forward to toasting our international travel-selling partners and thanking them for all their support and hard work.”
New innovations and program enhancements planned for 2013 include:
• AmaPrima (sister ship to AmaCerto) debuts April 3, 2013 in Amsterdam
• AmaVida debuts March 26, 2013 in Porto, Portugal
• New 2013 cruises in France: Paris & Normandy and Jewels of France
• New 2013 cruises in Portugal: Enticing Douro and Port Wine & Flamenco
• New 2013 dual-destination cruise: Impressions of France & Portugal
• New 2012 Africa Safari & Wildlife cruises: Stars of Africa and Golden Trails of Africa
• “In Celebration of Wine” cruises (21 departures)
• Harvest Wine cruises on the Douro River (2 departures in October)
• Jewish Heritage cruises on the Danube River (4 departures)
• Culinary Arts cruise with celebrity chef Bob Blumer (Oct. 22)
• Jazz cruise with daily onboard performances (April 22)
• Additional “Culinary Delights - Bites and Sights” tours (European itineraries)
• Expanded schedule of guided bicycle tours (European itineraries)
“These developments reflect what today’s travelers want most from a river cruise experience” said Karst. “We are always looking for ways to wow our guests and everyone in the AmaWaterways family is committed to exceeding their expectations and delivering truly unforgettable travel experiences.”
For more information, please visit the AmaWaterways Exhibit at WTM 2012 stand number EM540, visit www.amawaterways.com or call 1-800-626-0126, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Founded in 2002 by river cruise pioneer Rudi Schreiner, river cruise executive Kristin Karst and founder of Brendan Vacations, Jimmy Murphy, AmaWaterways is the premier river cruise line on Europe’s Danube, Rhine, Main, Mosel and Rhône rivers. Known for its custom-designed ships, extensive complimentary amenities and personalized service levels, AmaWaterways consistently leads the way in river cruising. With destinations traveling through Europe, Russia, Vietnam and Cambodia, and new voyages to Africa and Portugal the line’s award-winning fleets compliment a variety of travel plans.
The Europe fleet includes the AmaPrima (2013); AmaCerto (2012); AmaVerde (2011); AmaBella (2010); AmaLyra (2009); AmaDolce (2009); AmaCello (2008), AmaDante (2008); AmaLegro (2007) and the AmaDagio (2006). In the spring of 2012, AmaWaterways introduced the new 164-passenger AmaCerto in Europe, joining the AmaVerde and AmaBella in offering an exclusive Twin Balcony design in the majority of staterooms; multiple dining venues; complimentary Internet and Infotainment system, a heated swimming pool or whirlpool on the Sun Deck plus many more unique design elements.
In addition to the European destinations, AmaWaterways offers the separate and distinct AmaVoyages to Vietnam and Cambodia via the AmaLotus (2011) and the La Marguerite (2009); Russia via the AmaKatarina (2011); Portugal via the AmaVida (2013); and Africa via the Zambezi Queen (2009).