Are you seeking a position with an organization that truly acts in accordance
with its values and demonstrates them each day through personal commitment and
leadership? At AmaWaterways, our values drive how we work and why we achieve so
We are currently recruiting for a River Cruise Specialist to join our team in our Calabasas head office. Savvy communicators and jovial personalities needed to sell river cruises to our professional travel agency partners and well-traveled guests. Applicants with previous call center, airline, cruise line, or travel industry experience, particularly working with professional travel agents, are encouraged to apply.
- Department: Reservations
- Reports to: Vice President, Reservations
- Location: Head Office (Calabasas, CA, USA)
Brief Description of Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain river cruise, hotel and airfare reservations including: emphasize salable features; accurately respond to questions; quote prices and payment terms; secure reservation options; document special requests; close the sale and process payments.
- Recommend solutions to overcome client objections and to address travel partner and guest concerns.
- Make outbound lead follow-up telephone calls and emails to qualify leads and sell our products.
- Provide superior customer service in all interactions with travel agency partners, guests and internal partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to interact with travel agency partners, guests and internal partners.
- Ability to acquire detailed knowledge of the company's products and services to assist towards maximizing sales.
- Strong sales ability with attention to detail and a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to quickly learn internal reservations booking system and supporting systems.
- Strong computer skills with basic MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Strong desire to exceed guest expectations.
We are currently recruiting for two (2) Air Reservation Specialists to join the Air Department at our corporate office in Chatsworth, CA.
- Department: Air
- Reports to: Director, Air Development
- Location: Head Office (Calabasas, CA, USA)
This position is primarily responsible for booking the lowest and the most convenient air ticket for all of AmaWaterways' programs, running assigned daily reports, ensuring that all additional air charges are accurate and correctly reflected on invoice, and communicating in a timely manner with the Director and Reservation staff by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Secures air using airline block space or free sell and adheres to all cost guidelines.
- Works assigned sailings for airline schedule changes, booking and ticketing.
- Monitors air travel reservations for accuracy and cost guidelines and adjust as needed for changes, cancels and final ticketing.
- Interacts with internal departments and customers as necessary for coordination of air reservations.
- Assists with interrupted services in instances of trip delay, weather, and delayed ship.
- Oversees air deviations including requests for specific airlines, flights and dates.
- Assists with corporate, crew booking and ticketing when necessary.
- Generates air tickets.
- Researches and resolve debit memo issues.
- Oversees ticket refunds and lost ticket applications.
- Assists with training co-workers.
- Assists with other duties assigned by Supervisor, Director or Vice President.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends.
- At least two years experience preferred.
- Knowledge of world geography.
- Familiar with airline policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of CRS, Printers, Basic understanding of ARC / International Association of Travel Agents Network (IATAN).
- CRS and I/I printer functions.