- Department: Air
- Reports to: Director, Air Development
- Location: Head Office (Calabasas, CA, USA)
This position is primarily responsible for booking the lowest and the most convenient air
ticket for all of AmaWaterways’ programs, running assigned daily reports, ensuring that all additional air charges are accurate and correctly reflected on invoice, and
communicating in a timely manner with the Director and Reservation staff by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Secures air using airline block space or free sell and adheres to all cost guidelines.
- Works assigned sailings for airline schedule changes, booking and ticketing.
- Monitors air travel reservations for accuracy and cost guidelines and adjust as needed for changes, cancels and final ticketing.
- Interacts with internal departments and customers as necessary for coordination of air reservations.
- Assists with interrupted services in instances of trip delay, weather, and delayed ship.
- Oversees air deviations including requests for specific airlines, flights and dates.
- Assists with corporate, crew booking and ticketing when necessary.
- Generates air tickets.
- Researches and resolve debit memo issues.
- Oversees ticket refunds and lost ticket applications.
- Assists with training co-workers.
- Assists with other duties assigned by Supervisor, Director or Vice President.
Other skills, abilities, qualifications, and minimum requirements:
- Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- At least two years experience preferred.
- Knowledge of world geography.
- Familiar with airline policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of CRS, Printers, Basic understanding of ARC / International Association of Travel Agents Network (IATAN).
- CRS and I/I printer functions.