Are you seeking a position with an organization that truly acts in accordance
with its values and demonstrates them each day through personal commitment and
leadership? At AmaWaterways, our values drive how we work and why we achieve so
Award-winning AmaWaterways, the leading river cruise line in Europe, Russia, Africa, and Vietnam & Cambodia, is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to cover the NYC/North-East territory. Responsibilities include developing strong relationships with travel agencies throughout the assigned region. Our ideal candidate must have 7+ years' experience and an excellent relationship with group market agencies throughout the region; in-depth knowledge of our destinations is also a major plus. AmaWaterways offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and a generous benefits package (with healthcare and 401K ). If you are genuinely passionate about sales and eager to make an impact in the fastest growing sector of the travel industry, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently recruiting for a River Cruise Specialist to join our team in our San Fernando Valley office.
Savvy communicators and jovial personalities needed to sell river cruises to our professional travel agency partners and well-traveled guests. Applicants with previous call center, airline, cruise line, or travel industry experience, particularly working with professional travel agents, are encouraged to apply.
Brief Description of Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain river cruise, hotel and airfare reservations including: emphasize salable features; accurately respond to questions; quote prices and payment terms; secure reservation options; document special requests; close the sale and process payments.
- Recommend solutions to overcome client objections and to address travel partner and guest concerns.
- Make outbound lead follow-up telephone calls and emails to qualify leads and sell our products.
- Provide superior customer service in all interactions with travel agency partners, guests and internal partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to interact with travel agency partners, guests and internal partners.
- Ability to acquire detailed knowledge of the company's products and services to assist towards maximizing sales.
- Strong sales ability with attention to detail and a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to quickly learn internal reservations booking system and supporting systems.
- Strong computer skills with basic MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Strong desire to exceed guest expectations.