Are you seeking a position with an organization that truly acts in accordance
with its values and demonstrates them each day through personal commitment and
leadership? At AmaWaterways, our values drive how we work and why we achieve so
- Department: Reservations
- Reports to: Group Sales Manager
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating and overseeing the selling of the product to Travel Agencies, Tour Operators, groups (10 guests or more) and FIT guests by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Exceeds travel partner and guest expectations through the completion of all reservation and sales related processes as listed.
Responsibilities for Group Bookings:
- Initiates contact with assigned group producers to explain booking procedures, booking policies, payment terms and intake special requests.
- Manages Group files/accounts including creating and maintaining the group master account.
- Maintains relationship with travel agencies/group producer including monthly follow-up calls to assess sales momentum and respond to client needs.
- Creates and maintains individual reservations within the group master account.
- Intake all group special and custom requests and coordinate their fulfillment with the operations department.
- Manage group inventory including, but not limited to, allocating, releasing and blocking cabins in the reservations system and escalating inventory challenges to the Group Sales Manager and Director of Reservations.
- Collects and processes group payments and allocates said payments to the associated bookings and group master accounts.
- Keep detailed financial records of all revenues and costs related to assigned groups including providing detailed financial summary to the client.
- Requests group airfare and custom hotel/land arrangements.
- Coordinates and interfaces with the Marketing department to facilitate client requests for promotional collateral.
- Coordinate with the IT department for account productivity reports and for assistance with system issues.
- Communicate new promotions to assigned travel partners and accounts.
- Attends consumer and trade shows as needed.
Responsibilities for FIT Bookings:
- Handles inbound sales calls and works to convert calls into sales whenever possible.
- Emphasize saleable features, quotes prices and payment terms.
- Collects and processes payments.
- Requests air quotes, hotel extra nights and other client special requests with the appropriate internal department.
- Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers, by telephone and e-mail, to qualify leads and sell products.
- Answers questions and recommends appropriate products to fulfill customer needs.
- Ensure quality control of bookings to maintain the integrity of the product and to fulfill client needs.
- Handles high call volume, navigates system software and utilizes relevant internal tools.
- Books cruises, generates invoices and follows up with travel agents and/or direct guests.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with travel agencies and/or direct clients.
- Verifies client information in the reservations database and requests updates to the database when necessary.