We understand that your Trip can take a year to save for, but only a second to ruin. While you can't do anything to prevent an unexpected storm from closing the airport, you can do something to help cover your travel investment-buy travel insurance.
To demonstrate the importance of purchasing a travel insurance plan, here are some common examples of what could go wrong.
- It's 10 p.m. and you and your family arrive at the airport for a connecting flight, only to find that your flight has been cancelled. Who can assist you with finding new flights to catch you up with your cruise?
- Your bag was lost with your insulin inside. You need help to locate your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription filled. Who do you call?
- Your first river cruise in Russia, your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?
- Your sister-in-law becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your cruise, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
- You arrive in Prague for your Danube cruise and your luggage doesn't. If it's lost, who will help you find it? If it's delayed, who will reimburse for your necessities? If it's stolen, who will reimburse you for it's replacement?
- You're walking down a street in Amsterdam and twist your ankle. Who can help you find an English-speaking physician?